Pages

background

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

52 Lists // Week 8 and 9

Here are my lists for week 8 and 9 of Moorea Seal's 52 Lists. I actually worked on list 8 last week but never got the time to share it, so I decided to combine them into one post. :)

Week 8 // List your favorite albums!
This one was interesting because I wasn't sure what I should include. Growing up I listened to certain albums that were definitely favorites... at the time! Here is what I ended up with.


The weekend before this list came out I scored on records!! I went to a garage sale on a thursday and ended up spending an hour looking thru boxes of records and I pretty much doubled my collection. I also now have a source I can go to for great deals on records as I slowly purchase more that I want! There are many....


Week 9 // List The Places You Want to Go
and...
a Challenge // This week I will go...

This list helped me see that right now my feet are growing roots. I am rooting here in the desert. I want to stay here soaking in the sun, discovering the beauties of this place. The people and places around me are amazing. I feel the spirit of this place and I want more! I do have far off places I'd like to go... India is the big one!! For now though, I am content exploring the close areas around me. This is where I am right now. Rooting.

I listed a lot of local trips I would like to make. Exploring this small town I live in has been very enjoyable. I have met many interesting people and I learn from all these encounters. My challenge for the week is to attend Drum Journey Circles at a local shop called Rainbow Stew. A lady I met makes drums out here and leads healing drum circles once a month. This month she is going to be sharing stories of her roots. One of her parents was a practicing Shaman and I can't wait to hear more about her and the stories she shares. Another place I really want to go to is in Palm Springs and it's called Crystal Fantasy. It is essentially a store, but really it is so much more. They have a calendar full of events! I want to attend too many to list. Someday (very soon) I will make it in there.


I'm actually doing something on this list as soon as I finish up this post!
New Challenge.... This week I will go.... out of my comfort zone, artistically!
Please think of me today as I step out of my comfort zone. My sister and I run an Etsy store and we are making big changes! We are going to be re debuting our shop hopefully by the end of April. I'm so excited for these changes. I have been working hard to bring them into fruition and I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Have a beautiful day!




No comments:

Post a Comment