Pages

background

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Perfectly, imperfect!

Saturday was my perfect day. Woke up to beautiful, sunny weather. A quick trip to the wonderful Joshua Tree Farmers Market turned into an extra stop to buy soil and then over to my favorite local place, Sky Village Swap Meet! The website does it absolutely no justice. This place is magic. I have found so many treasures there. The grounds are magical and worth the trip alone!  Lots of local art, gems, a crystal cave, and wonderful people to meet. A few of my findings <3

A book I had been seeking for a while and a top. This book was my favorite used item I purchased in 2012.

From this last visit! Learning all about rocks and minerals right now with my husband <3 We  talked to someone for a good 30 minutes and left with this after admiring his huge collection!
So yes, saturday started out great! I came home did some stuff and then I got sad. I missed my mom (she's passed) I was remembering her here with me, but that made me sad too. I cried, wished for more, then gave myself a hug and decided to go out and rock collect! Inspired by my time at the swap meet, maybe. :) The fresh air was so nice and peaceful. I did a lot of thinking and I realized I didn't want to run away from the thoughts I was having. I am, however, sick and tired of being sad over them! I long for comforting memories instead of sicky ones of my mom. They always creep in and I feel lost with what to do with them. Satuday as I walked, I realized that I had talked on the phone that day with people I love, spent the morning at places I enjoy,  and was remembering that I got to share this place with her too. That I am happy and everything just IS. I can focus on the things that need change in my life and I can accept everything else as I see fit. I must be true to myself and love myself. Self-love has been a new theme of mine lately and I am starting to see it heal me in unexpected ways. 

I woke up early this morning and decided to garage sale! So I set out at 7:30 for a sunday morning date with myself. I was a blast! Found these at the first sale. 

Hamilton Beach Milkshake Mixer and an old water canteen
Ended up going by the swap meet after I was done and found a couple more treasures. I've spent the rest of the day at home bringing some old treasures back to life! I love to repurpose!!! Here are the some of the supplies I was working with today. It was so sunny and nice, I worked outside!



I hope you have had a perfectly imperfect weekend as well. Love, love, love to you! My inspiration for this post was to remind myself that I am perfectly fine with all of me. The sad parts too. They are all perfectly fine <3



No comments:

Post a Comment