Pages

background

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Comforts

It was so comforting to sit and think about all of the things that bring me comfort as I listed them. I am definitely feeling the impact of making these lists already! I know at the end of the year I will be glad to have them to look back on. Here is my list for week two of Moorea Seal's 52 Lists!

There were definitely a few that really excited me as I thought of them. Camping for sure. I just love that feeling of being outdoors when it starts to feel like you just live there! Cooking over a fire, using the bare essentials and you are totally surrounded by nature. I just love it! I love living in the beautiful California desert, my surroundings comfort me. The smells, the colors in the sky, the landscape... Knowing the people I buy my food from kinda surprised me as I wrote it. It makes so much sense though! Seeing the care and pride these people carry with them and their product. I appreciate this so much. I love the feeling of cooking and it wouldn't be the same if the food I was buying didn't come from the same source. Every day when I use my cutting board to chop fruits and vegetables I appreciate them and I think about where they came from. It makes me smile. When I break up walnuts to use in baking I think of my friend Marco who sells them at the Farmers Market who I can never see without talking to for less than five minutes. When I roll out dough for tortillas, I feel the love going in them and I thoughtfully smile because I no longer buy tortillas at the store. When I smell bread cooking I don't get impatient waiting. I take a deep breath and appreciate the process of making bread and love that I buy it at the store less and less these days. My kitchen, food, and the outdoors bring me a lot of comfort and I love that!


9 comments:

  1. Oh this is so lovely. Isn't it such a wonderful process just coming to realizations of what brings you comfort?
    xo Moorea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss camping so much and I'm so needing a camping trip. After reading what you wrote about cooking over an open flame outdoors, really made me want to go camping in a major way. I think we need to plan a camping trip asap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be so fun! It needs to warm up just a tad bit more! ;)

      Delete
  3. Camping!!! Yes, I agree so much. I've never shopped in a Farmers Market, as I use food stamps and I am not sure if they accept that. :( I must find out, because I'd be SO much happier with my food if I did!!!

    I LOVE YOUR LIST!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think some Farmer's Market do accept EBT.... Depending on the market they do transfers for you so you can shop there. Check into it!

      Delete
  4. it's really nice to know people whom you buy your food for :) remembering them and appreciating the food we buy from them.. truly the greatest comforts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment pupukatti! I'm glad you agree about the comforts of knowing where your food comes from and appreciating not only the food, but the people.

      Delete
  5. I love that you think about where your food comes from, it hadn't actually occurred to me but it does bring me great comfort to know who grew it and where. I love growing my own veg although I'm far far from self sufficient yet! I'm a new follower...hello x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I'm a wannabe homesteader. ;) Working on becoming more self sufficient all the time. We just planted three trees here! Pomegranate, peach and a fig! Can't wait to enjoy their harvest. Thanks for following. I just started this blog <3

      Delete